Serving Our Neighbors Through COVID -19
For the protection of our families, staff, and volunteers Good Sam is practicing safety precautions of social distancing, wearing mask and gloves, and discontinuing personal interviews.
Established clients of Good Sam may call for a food appointment on Friday mornings beginning at 8:30 a.m. Appointments may be made every 31 days. Photo ID required at each appointment.
Established clients may come once a week, Monday through Friday, for produce.
Emergency food assistance is available every two weeks 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Bring photo ID.
“What an amazing group of people They were warm, welcoming and delighted with our donation. Makes giving all the more rewarding.”
“Absolutely THE best place to go if you need assistance with food! The staff were amazing – friendly, caring and compassionate without judgment.”
“So many times throughout the year I call upon your services for our GISD families. It is such a blessing to know your help and volunteers are so kind and generous and that our community has such a wonderful resource in ‘Good Samaritans.’”
HOW ARE WE DOING THIS MONTH…
6,482 Individuals Served
(2,327 children / 3,603 adults / 552 seniors)
2,557 Families Needed
Please Roll Over The Pie Sections For Duplicated Assistance in %
240 Unhoused Served (unduplicated)
885 Food Bags Provided
163 Hygiene Bags
OUR CURRENT NEEDS
Can You Help Us Out?
We are very low on peanut butter, canned meat, canned green beans, canned corn, and dry pasta.
Do you shop on Amazon.com? If so, did you know that you can contribute to the Good Samaritans of Garland’s efforts to provide our neighbors in the Garland, Rowlett and Sachse communities with food through your Amazon purchases, at no cost to you?
Click on the Support Good Samaritans of Garland button above.
The Good Samaritans of Garland is now registered with Amazon Smile. This program allows you to select a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and each time you make a purchase, Amazon donates .5% of your purchase price to that nonprofit at no cost to you. Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com) incorporates your Amazon account including any additions such as Amazon Prime and Amazon Student. You can purchase any item sold through Amazon through Amazon Smile (make a hyperlink to Good Sams amazon smile Page). Learn more details by Clicking Here. So how do you sign up?
The Easy Way –
- If you have an Amazon account, the following link will automatically set your account up to contribute to Good Samaritans of Garland through Amazon Smile: Click Here To Set Up Your Amazon Smile Account with Good Samaritans Garland (make a hyperlink to Good Sams amazon smile Page)
- Instead of going to www.amazon.com, go to smile.amazon.com, to make your Amazon purchases. (After setting up your Amazon Smile account you might be prompted to do this each time you log in to Amazon)
For Those Who Can’t Follow The Link –
- Step 1: Go to smile.amazon.com and log in to your Amazon account.
- Step 2: In the Search bar: type “Good Samaritans of Garland” in the search bar near the center of the page, and after clicking “Enter” click “Good Samaritans of Garland.” located in “Garland, Texas.”
- Where .5% of Your Amazon Purchases Will Go
- The Good Samaritans of Garland will use the contributions raised through AmazonSmile to fund (insert information). If you have any questions about how we will use Amazon’s contributions through your purchases, or any questions about how to get involved with AmazonSmile, visit the AmazonSmile About Page.